This recipe makes 6 deep filled cupcakes.
- 70g self raising flour
- 70g caster sugar
- 70g of soft butter (I use stalk as its great for making cakes)
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 medium egg (YES, only 1 egg, anymore and your mixture will be too eggy)
- 1 cap of vanilla flavouring (I use extract NEVER essence)
MethodA lot of the recipes I read say you need to sift this and whisk this and I have never done that and my cupcakes always turn out light and moist.
- Pr-heat the oven to 180 or gas mark 3.
- Prep your cupcake tin with cases. I use a silicon tin with Cath Kidston cases, perfect size and easy to remove. Gives you a deep american look instead of a shallow fairy cake look.
- I put my mixing bowl on my electronic scales and reset the scale.
- I then add my flour... without so much as a shuffle from the bag. Then I re-set my scales.
- I then add the sugar, very slowly... ontop of my flour. Dont go mad, add a bit at a time after 70g.
- Reset the scale. You should have both the flour and the sugar in the bowl now.
- Add the butter to the mix a little at a time. Then take off the scale and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Very simple all-in-one bowl method that just needs a good mix with your mixer.
- Mix until all mixture is together and sides have been scraped.
- If you are using a stand mixer, use a flexible beater, not the whisk attachment.
I bake my cupcake in an electric oven for 20-25 mins and they come out slightly browned and spring back when pressed. They should be soft, moist and fluffy inside and taste yummy!!