Monday 11 June 2012

Giant Cookie - Using my basic chocolate cake recipe

So I think my obsession for over-sized baked goods has come across well to my friends, as for our wedding anniversary (3 years) our friends Kim (host of Disney podcast Minnie Minxes) and Aron got 'us' a giant cookie mould which looks like a giant oreo basically and I had to immediately try it out (well the next day) with an adapted recipe.

My Basic Chocolate Cake

This recipe is exactly the same as my basic vanilla only I add cocoa to the mix. So here is a basic recipe I used for cookie mould.
  • Use these measurements for 6 cupcakes
  • Double the recipe for 12 cupcakes
  • x3 for a giant cookie mould
  • x4 for a regular 8" cake

Ingredients (for 6 cupcakes)

  • 70g self raising flour
  • 70g caster sugar
  • 70g of soft butter (I use stalk as its great for making cakes)
  • 2 tbs milk
  • 1 medium egg (YES, only 1 egg, anymore and your mixture will be too eggy)
  • 1 cap of vanilla flavouring (I use extract NEVER essence)
  • 2 heaped tablespoons of Cocoa
Preheat and bake for 25 minutes on 180 deg c. Let it cool for 10 minutes in the tin/mould before transferring to a wire rack.

You could add oreos to the mix or make an oreo buttercream to fill. I just filled with my basic vanilla buttercream.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment