Sunday 25 March 2012

Cherry Cola Infused Cookies

I dont know whats more awesome... the fact that these cookies are delicious or that they are super easy to make?

My basic Biscuit/Cookie recipe is well... basic, and easy to add to, which is what I did here.

Ingredients

  • 175g Plain Flour
  • 110g Butter
  • 50g Caster Sugar
  • 1tsp Flavouring of your choice
I know what you're thinking - how on earth can that make yummy biscuits? Well, I dont know but it does... and they come out soft and light.


I throw all those ingredients together in a bowl, this time I used vanilla extract to flavour the mix and while I was weighing out the ingredients, I had a handful of mixed fruit soaking in a little diet cherry coke. They were fizzing away while the dough came together well. Dont add any liquid to the mix as much as you might want to, it will keep the mix lovely and light. If its still a little wet for rolling (or squidging into cookies) then add more flour and a dash of sugar.

I add my drained fruit and a little more flour to keep it together, literally enough to keep it in a ball. You can hand mix this or mix with your mixer and a dough attachment. It doesn't need much work.

Once all together, divide into smaller balls and press onto a lined baking tray. Bake at 180c for 8-10 mins until slightly brown (and when I say slightly, I mean just past beige. They will be soft, and thats a good thing.) I even brushed them with a little apricot jam when they were hot for a slight glaze.

Let them cool on a wire rack or eat them hot before people come to steal them. Enjoy!

Featured in : Delightful Order: Inspiring Thursday Link Party
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment