Monday 30 July 2012

Olympics Party!

Soooo did everyone watch the opening ceremony? Fantastic wasn't it. I had a busy Friday night baking my godson a 3 layered birthday cake (post coming this week) and 30 cupcakes for my Olympic Party happening the next day.

The party was an all day affair, filled with buffet, bbq and friends. I made 30 simple English vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream - You can get the recipe here. I baked them in Union Jack cases and displayed them proudly on a Union Jack stand.


We had everything from sausage rolls to my homemade Whispering Canyon Cafe Apple Vinaigrette salad dressing (obviously nicked from the Whispering Canyon Cafe Restaurant in Walt Disney World) - Heres the Recipe

Ingredients for Apple Vinaigrette

  • 30ml cider vinegar
  • 30ml apple juice concentrate
  • 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 60ml apple sauce
  • 190ml oil

Method

Put all the ingredients in a blender minus the oil. I use vegetable oil. Then slowly add the oil to the mix with the blend slowly. HOWEVER - I have just put all the ingredients in a blender and gone crazy and I don't think it effects the taste at all.


We decorated the house too with loads of flags and bunting. My mum even filled a vase of beautiful white carnations for the front room. It was all very festive. And in true british fashion it rained (hard) while we were bbqing. Thank god for the big lid to cover the food and a bbqing hero!!



Im also entering my cakes into Calendar Cakes, run by Dolly Bakes and Laura Loves Cakes which is a fantastic new monthly baking competition with a theme. I was going to enter last month but I chickened out!!


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicola, thanks so much for entering Calendar Cakes. I love these, they look so patriotic and your Olympic party sounds great! :-)

    ReplyDelete