Wednesday 8 August 2012

Peanut Butter Cupcake Topped with Salted Caramel


Recently I had a moment in Asda. Imagine the scene. Im walking down the isle where the jars of coulee and jam are... in the corner of my eye I spot a jar with a nice looking label. Its the type that really stands out... SALTED CARAMEL. I look left. I look right. Its reasonably priced and I just HAVE to have it. So I grab it before the husband sees and hide it under some other food. Im smiling from ear to ear for the rest of the walk around the supermarket and Fred (my dear husband) is wondering why until he finds the jar while filling the belt at the checkout. He looks at me, looks back at the jar, and then silently puts it down on the belt. I HAVE WON! I have bought a luxury item without him questioning if we really need it. It feels like christmas.




A week later I spot some peanut butter on offer for £1. Fred is allergic to peanuts and its something I try not to expose him to (even though I love reeses) but im on a mission and put my foot down that I NEED the peanut butter. So I grab a smooth and feel good inside.

This is the result of my triumph.

I simply added a half teaspoon of peanut butter to the batter filled half way in the case, and then put a bit more batter over the top. I used my Basic Vanilla Cupcake Mix.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow that Salted Caramel sauce sounds amazing! and what a good idea pairing it with a peanut butter cupcake - tasty! p.s I totally get 'moments' in supermarkets too! like when I discovered Asda had started selling marshmallow fluff last year and when I discovered Waitrose sell a coconut Lindt chocolate that is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have American soda shop near us so always have a pleather of American goodies - fluff is soooo good on top of cupcakes!! Lol

      My fav chocolate is Lindt with a touch of sea salt... Obsessed. Lol

      Delete
  2. I've been looking through all your post and I can't stop laughing at this one... Sneaky! :D
    Say 'hi' to your generous husband :D

    ReplyDelete