Friday 17 August 2012

Happy 19th Birthday Naomi

My sister Naomi is 19 today. She shares her birthday with Davy Crockett, who has in turn, a link with Disney, and we both love anything to do with Disney.

My parents got her a Zoku, after the phenomenon happening in my kitchen earlier in 2012. I swear, every household needs one.

She originally mentioned ice cream cupcakes. So... many a pintrest and google search later, I found that you can bake a cupcake straight into a wafer cone.


So off I went in search of flat bottomed cones and luckily came across some in Sainsburys. Askeys to be informative. £1 to be super informative.

I made her 12 in total, 6 vanilla and 6 peanut butter. The recipe as always came from my Basic Vanilla Cupcake recipe and a double of this recipe was enough to fill all 12 cones nicely.

I made a double batch of vanilla, filled the first 6 cones and then added 3 good teaspoons of smooth peanut butter to the mix and a little red colouring as my husband has a peanut allergy and I didn't fancy him scoffing the wrong flavour.

To hold my cones, I put a layer of foil over my cupcake pan and made small holes in the foil to hold the cones steady. But once the batter was in them they were pretty weighted and im guessing baking these spaced on a baking tray would also work.

All of the cupcakes were topped with a swirl of my Basic Vanilla Buttercream and then topped with individual special toppings. The vanilla got coloured sprinkles and raspberry coulee. The peanut butter got chocolate sprinkles and salted caramel sauce. We omitted the flake or the cherry on top, but those might feature in a future production.

Here are the final results...

Vanilla with Vanilla Buttercream & Raspberry Coulee

Peanut Butter with Vanilla Buttercream and Salted Caramel

Featured In: Delightful Order: Inspiring Thursday Link Party

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment